The Chevrolet Malibu is a mid-sized car which is manufactured by Chevrolet from 1963-84 and from 1997-Present. Chevrolet which is under the American manufacturing giants also known as General Motors, is all into developing their new successor as 2017 Chevy Malibu. The Malibu was originally a rear wheel drive intermediate till 1984 but GM updated it to front wheel drive intermediate car from 1997.
History of Malibu
Malibu got its name from the city where its first car was manufactured i.e. Malibu, California. As it was primarily marketed in U.S. the sales was not high as estimated, gradually the sales increased and Chevrolet started manufacturing more number of Malibu worldwide. The 8th generation of Malibu is in the market, while the customers are waiting for the release of the 9th edition which is 2017 Chevy Malibu.
Chevrolet Malibu was also known as Chevy Chevelle or Chevy Classic where in the first generation was launched in the year 1965. This Chevy Malibu was a top line sub series of Chevrolet from 1965-1972 including the second generation which was launched in the year 1968.
Comparison with the previous models:
Earlier Chevy Malibu body style for sedan class was 4-door, coupe of 2-door and convertible of 2-door as well till its third generation. After that, company created a body style for station wagon of 5-door which was launched till the 6th edition of Chevy Malibu. The 2017 Chevy Malibu will not have much difference as what is seen in 2016 model.
2017 Chevy Malibu will have a luxury sedan class car that looks attractive and is built with excellent specifications.Several modifications will be done with this new model such that it features a design with an elegant theme. The car will be launched with various powertrain options so it is worth a wait for Malibu fanatics.
Modifications on the looks of 2017 Chevy Malibu
- Exterior is mostly improved by increasing the length of the car.
- The car length is increased by 6 cms and ground clearance by 9 cms.
- The vehicle is lighter than the previous model i.e. lighter than 136 kgs.
- The weight decreased gradually because the car is built up with lightweight materials which are strong and reliable at the same time.
- From chassis to stem high strength steel is used for the up-gradation of 2017 Chevy Malibu.
- It is rumored that the car will be using Epsilon 2 platform, which is developed by GM, is a front wheel drive automated platform.
- Epsilon 2 platforms is used in this car with an updated version known as E2XX platform.
- Using of this feature will provide an exterior sleek design.
- The interior will be totally different from what is seen in the 2016 model.
- Specific data about the interior is not available as of now but it is expected that there will be more leg space and comfortable seats for both passengers and driver.
- Cabin will be fitted with new technologies and gadgets which will give the car a new design to its interior.
2017 Chevy Malibu – Improvements in Engine
- According to reports, the new car will be launched with 4 cylinder motor variables.There will be two types of engine i.e. primary and hybrid versions.
- Primary engine will be a turbocharged 4 cylinder 2.0 liter unit of 250 HP and producing a torque of 258 lb/ft. An availability of conserved 1.5 liter Ecotec engine gives a boost to new powerhouse of Chevrolet.
- Hybrid engine will come with an electric engine and 4 cylinders 1.8 liter units with an output of 136 HP and torque produced will be 277 lb/ft.
- Engines will have 8 speed automatic transmission and 9 speed automatic transmission will be included later in the car.
2017 Chevy Malibu – Release Date and Price
2017 Chevy Malibu is expected to be available by the end of 2016. There is no announcements for the launch and price yet, but it is expected that the price will be much higher than previous model. So, expect it to be a successful improvement over the previous generation models and it will help in improving the profit, sales, and customer satisfaction widely. High expectations are there for this car but there is time for its launch. It will be worth a wait for all who are gearing up to come forward and buy this sedan class. The car is ready to break records like the way it did with all its previous models.