The Hyundai Equus is a four-door limousine, generally offered in four and five passenger variants. The Equus is Hyundai’s largest sedan in the company’s offering. The 2017 Hyundai Equus will probably get a sportier look and some modifications in the engine and transmission segment.
2017 Hyundai Equus – Exterior and Interior
The new model will receive new horizontal honeycombed front air intake grilles along with front aspect LED head lamps, replacing horizontal LED cluster headlights that are currently available on the 2nd generation models.
First visuals during test runs also show classy slim tail lights, daytime LED running lights and other minor cosmetic changes. Four doors are also expected to alter their designs along with rear end. Like current models, the car is built on the Hyundai BH chassis, with further modifications in the structure aimed at reducing the weight of the vehicle. 2017 Hyundai Equus model will also feature improvements in the aerodynamic design of the car.
The interiors are also expected to receive a major revamp in appearance, featuring premium quality leather seats, advanced driver controls among other things.
2017 Hyundai Equus – Engine and Transmission
The engine choices on the current 2nd generation models are 3.8 liter lambda engine, and 5.0 liter V8 tau engine, generating around 429 horsepower and 376 Nm torque. It has been speculated that the 2017 model will probably be powered by a 5 liter turbocharged GDI V8 engine, capable of producing over 400 horsepower and 508.4 Nm torque. It may also be offered with a smaller 3.3 liter turbocharged V6 engine and a 3.6 liter turbocharged V6 engine. The vehicle will have an acceleration of 0-100 mph in less than 6 seconds.
The transmission on this full-size luxury sedan has been only automatic so far, and the 2017 Hyundai Equus model will also feature an eight-speed automatic transmission, coupled with rear wheel drive system. It may also be offered with an optional Hyundai’s newly developed TRAC 4 wheel drive system. A 10 speed automatic transmission is also in the pipeline which may equip the car’s transmission systems.
Fuel economy of the car is currently believed to be around 18 miles per gallon. Not much is really known about the details of fuel economy.
Integrated Next Generation Features:
The 2017 Hyundai Equus will feature some standard comfort measures available on existing models, such as ventilated seats, rear leg support, and massage systems.
- Advanced driver control features will include electronically controlled adjustable air suspensions and continuous damping control (CDC).
- The front seats can be adjusted in 12 different ways, while rear passenger seats will be 10 way adjustable.
- Dynamic interior lighting, advanced climate control with AQS (Air Quality System) will allow increased comfort levels.
- Technology package involves a 7 inch TFT screen, which will allow control of advanced features and can be merged with HD satellite radio, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
- The infotainment package features a Lexicon’s 17 speakers 7.1 Discreet Logic Surround Sound Audio System.
- Advanced safety features include Vehicle Stability Management system, Collision Avoidance System which manages electronic parking brakes, electronic stability control, radar smart cruise control, and seatbelt.
- A massaging system may also be incorporated in the technology package.
2017 Hyundai Equus – Release Date and Price
The 2017 Hyundai Equus will be available in markets from 2017 at an estimated price of $63,000 plus.